Thursday, November 22, 2012

Aftermath

The Maui life happenings. Sometimes its slow and relaxed, boring (which everyone needs sometimes). And sometimes it is jam packed with a lot of fun stuff going on. It's a small island, information about events that are made public will make it's way through the island and eventually everyone will hear about it.

Something before my Europe trip that I never got to blogging about was the Broke Da Mouth Food Festival in Lahaina. Lahaina is the main city on the West side of Maui and honestly not much goes down over here for the locals. Because West side is covered with tourist resorts and restaurants catering to tourists on holiday. Not so much for someone actually living on the West side. If we want a new pair of pants we have to drive an hour+ to the "other side" (meaning anything not on the West side) to go to the nearest department store. Anyways, this festival took place in Lahaina, so everyone was stoked because nothing happens in Lahaina like this, and was put on by a friend of mine and her husband who owns an event coordinating and productions company. The food festival was to highlight and promote local restaurants and businesses through a maze of booths and they provided live entertainment. 

My friend Kelly was in charge of putting on a fashion show with stores and local designers in the area. She teamed up with Tressica who has a non exclusive modeling agency on Maui and they put one the best fashion show I have been apart of on Maui! It was organized. Produced beautifully. Styled well. Had a theme and story line. Cool quirks, etc. My favorite part was that I started off the show dancing behind a white linen sheet with a spot light on me (so the audience only saw my shadow) and I was a mermaid goddess so I carried a really cool looking net. They couldn't have picked a better model to start out the show dancing. I wasn't nervous, just so stoked I got to model AND dance! My two favorite things :D Here are some photos and a youtube edited video of the fashion show. I wore 4 different looks but the video only have two of my looks, and the photographers only caught 2 of the looks (that was a bummer afterwards, but the show still went smoothly so I still say it had been the best fashion show so far on the island. The theme was Divinity.








The mermaid goddess look
$150 Maui girl bikini

Clapping for the finale walk through (I'm not just clapping for myself as I walked the runway hahha)


All the credit: The first ever Broke Da Mouth Food Fesitival produced by Go Big Productions. Modeling agency Pure Talent USA, headed by Tresseca Norris and Kelly Lillian Mahon put on an exquiste fashion show the first night of the event that I modeled in. The clothing featured designers and shops from all around Maui including Mahina, Hayhay Couture, Isle Empress, Passion for Fashion, Blue, Maui Girl Swimwear, and Karina's. Hair was styled by Plush. Make up done by Ginny Block, Maui Makeup Artistry,and Bella de Beau by Kristin Werthman. Photography and Media by Genevieve DeRego, Tyson Moore, Robin Christmans, and Merman Media. DJ and Music by Tobin Lindell. And GoGo dancer Emily Shaw.

Click the link below to see the edited video footage of the fashion show. I appear 3 times. Once in the beginning, second in slow motion at first with a blue flowy shirt, and third I'm toward the end in the yellow bikini


Hula Grill sells merchandise with it's logo on it. They decided to better promote the different shirt styles to have some of us employees model the merchandise. Now those photos are on a slideshow alongside the T-shirt booth. They posted a few of them on Hula Gril''s fcaebook page so here are a few of those:





Since our Europe trip where we took a cooking class in Florence and were taught how to make homemade pasta, Jon has been obsessed and we have bought a pasta maker =)






nom nom

The kitties missed us while we were in Europe for a month




His favorite spot, right above my head on our bed



Both cuddled above my head on our bed

The next blog will have Halloween and my birthday celebration photos on it. It's good to be back on the island :)



No comments:

Post a Comment