Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Parties

Jonny found a little kitty at Pineapple Grill one evening. The kitty almost got ran over, breaking Jon's heart so he took her home with him. The issue is that we already have 2 kittens in a tiny tiny space. And it's always unknown with strays whether or not they have a disease. The next issue is the Maui Humane Society (the SPCA of Maui) was closed the next day because it was Thanksgiving. BUT BUT BUT she was sooooooooooo cuteeeeee! :) She was extremely cuddly and sweet. We figured she ran away from home and didn't know how to get back being so young because she was not skittish at all like most feral cats. So we posted an add on craigslist. We let the kitten sleep with us at night and put the other cats in the bathroom (like we usually do {cuz they attack us all night long and don't sleep}).


The kitty, who I nicknamed Tiger Baby, slept THE ENTIRE NIGHT curled up next to me and Jon. Hehehe SO cute. But I knew we couldn't keep her. I texted a few of my friends who are in love with cats and told them about Tiger Baby. And fortunately my friend Simone wanted her! YAY!
I also nicknamed her pretzel

The end of the year holidays are the busiest times of the year in Maui. Many use the holiday time off work to go on vacation. Or to get away from the cold. Or spend the holiday in a new place. Or they have no where else to go...?


I worked on Thanksgiving during the afternoon. The day time at Hula Grill wasn't that busy, most people were cooking, or saving up for the big dinner at night. Jon worked that evening so I spent the evening with my girlfriends. We went to Simone's until joining in the festivities that evening. So I got the spend a whole other  night hanging out and playing with little pretzel kitty. After Hula Grill closes they put on what is referred to as the "orphan dinner"  where the chef puts together a Thanksgiving turkey dinner for the staff. It was delicious :)
Giving some love to our amazing chef Bobby
A photo of who was left by the end
So before the restaurants get busy again, Jon's and my work put on their Christmas Parties. Pineapple Grill held the party in the restaurant. It was very classy and elegant with a nice dinner that the chef prepared and they hired a DJ for the evening. 





Keiki Dance off

Tied for first for Best Dressed. Daddy and baby dressed up real nice. This little guy ends up being my dance partner 
Accepting his "2011 Most Improved" award 





Holding down the dance floor

My dance partner


Boogie Woogie with Santa Claus






Hula Grill put on their party at the restaurant and in front on the beach. Because of previous years of too many instances of crazy drunken employees, the company no longer allows evening Christmas parties beginning this year. So with a bar only allowing 2 drinks per employee or guest and many activities available, the company sought to fix the problem. Each employee or guest had the opportunity to either go para sailing or jet skiing.
The day began with an all employee meeting



The Banana Boat brought us to the jet ski landing (which is in the middle of the ocean)

Just as my side of the boat is thrown off!

Coming back around to pick us up








Me snappin' photos..
Stoked





Hahaha
Getting back on

Catchin' air




















Coolest General Manager- Orin or OC


Overall our work Christmas Parties were pretty different but awesome in their own way.  Obviously dancing is my passion, so since there was a DJ and a dance floor with dressing up all fancy and yummy food, Jon's work party was a definite success! Unfortunately Jon wasn't feeling well during my work party and had to work in the evening so he did not make it to my Hula Grill party. My party was amazing and I felt so spoiled that my employer would rent out 12 jet skis for 6 hours to get their employees and guests a chance to jet ski, and rent out a bunch of boats all day long for para sailing! Many employees were bummed that the excursions took up so much of the day that they didn't get to spend time with each other like a usual Christmas party, but I was stoked on the experience.


On actual Christmas Day, Hula Grill is closed but Pineapple Grill is open. Either Christmas Eve or Christmas morning we will spend time with our aunt and uncle, Candy and Nane. It's odd not being home and continuing old traditions. Being in this new place this year we don't really feel the need to get a tree, decorate the tiny apartment, watch Christmas movies, listen to Christmas music, etc. Doesn't quiet feel like Christmas without those things, also being done with shopping since we already gave our family their gifts, but I enjoy those things with my family there. Feels a little pointless without them :-/ We'll definitely be home sick during Christmas but I have some Christmas time planned with friends and Jon and I will grow closer as our own little family during that time! 


Until next time, Merry Christmas all! We love you and miss everyone!

Mele Kalikimaka!





Maui No Ka Oi

No comments:

Post a Comment