Monday, February 25, 2013

Happiness on this Valley Island




A lot has gone down in January and February. As I watch the beautiful sunset out my living room window, listen to "Don't Worry, Be happy" by Bob Marley on my Itunes, I reflect on the beautiful times of these last two months. Photo montage? I think yes

There are some essentials to feeling happy for me. Here is how I have fulfilled them the last two months:


Girlfriends

Ladies night and fondue!




Beach Bar crawl
Breakfast and lunch in Lahaina

Time with my Husband

Date night at Pineapple Grill
One of our favorite past times. Beach walk from Airport beach to Hula Grill for a drink and back.

Lunch date at Kimo's in Lahaina and a movie after

Hiking our favorite easy hike along the coast of Kapalua

The Beauty of Maui

View from my living room

Always wondered what's at the end of a rainbow? Now you know, Maui is. :D

My backyard. Literally a few steps away from my condo, called S-Turns or Kahana beach


Mighty wind and waves. See the rainbow?

The simplicity of a day by the pool/steps away from the beach and a darling lady bug lands on me 
Food

The sushi special at local favorite sushi restaurant Sansei's
Home made fancy caprese
My friend's home made cheese cake
Jonny bought me ice cream to make me feel better
Animals

Morning kitty grooming


Auntie's babies

I wake up to a lot of lap sleeping
Silly kitty, wine is for humans!

Mister turtle cruising on the beach in front of my condo
Fashion
(a little sneak peak into the last two fashion shows)




Dancing

Zumba (Christmas was more December, but I don't have a current photo of Zumba :)
My friend owns a recording studio. We were getting together often to plan a party together (a seperate blog will be done on that) but most of those nights turned into karaoke and dance nights. So fun


Local famous band Sounds of Addiction

They always bring a crowd
My friend is the drummer in this colaboration that plays at Fleetwood's (The new restaurant that Fleetwood Mac's drummer Mick Fleetwood owns). So like 15 of us friends came to support. I started a dance party (like usual) and a few joined in. We went out dancing afterwards as well
This is uncle. He's the "Lahaina dancer." He put on a show for everyone
So Kale decided to start a dance battle with him

During hard times, it is best to look at your life and count your blessings. Pray for my family.

From Maui, with Love


Maui No Ka Oi

No comments:

Post a Comment